We put most of the boxes down in the basement:
The truck was delivered on June 25th and we had to get a special permit to park it on the street:
Inside, before:
and after:
The trailer picked up on the 27th:
The 27th was our day to recoup after the hard move, pick up the house and pack the car for the drive the next day, EXCEPT that I slipped on the stairs bringing Monica down in the morning and really hurt my toe (Monica was fine). It was the proverbial "wrench" in the plan. I couldn't do anything for a while and then hobbled around cleaning the house, but it really set us back. Everything got done, but not the way we wanted.
June 28th we had to be out of the house by 9 a.m. for the new owner to do the walk-through. That morning our realtor took a photo of us in the same spot we took a photo seven years earlier just having moved in. Then we left.
| 2013 |
![]() |
| 2006 |
We got a coffee and then went and signed the papers. We then headed to Urgent Care where I discovered I had broken my big toe! After some lunch, we got in the cars, and said goodbye to Pittsburgh.
Goodbye, Pittsburgh. You are a great town and we'll treasure the friendships and memories we made there!

No comments:
Post a Comment