While Peter was in Buddapest in June, I took the kids to the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum out in Washington, PA. I wasn't sure how it would go with Xavier. He really likes trains, but really dislikes loud noises. In the end, it was great. Not only did we see so many trolley cars, we actually got to ride some. Xavier was a bit unsure about getting aboard for our first ride, but he climbed up and we found seats. I couldn't tell whether he like it or not. The ride was bumpy and loud, but at the end he said, "I would like to ride it again!" and we did. We also got a tour of the trolley barn where the trolley collection is kept. They have an interesting collection ranging in ages and several of which they hope to restore and run. Here are the photos:
This is the trolley we rode:
The other trolleys that were running that day:
Here are some of the trolleys in the museum's barn:
The museum had a play trolley outside it's gift shop and the kids had a grand time playing on it, pretending to drive it and getting on and off. Xavier would not stop for a photo, but Mara was willing to ham-it-up.
And, yes, that is a Notre Dame hat she is wearing.
No comments:
Post a Comment