Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thanksgiving

We trekked down to Virginia for Thanksgiving. The whole Rose clan - meaning my brothers with their families and my parents all gathered at my brother Ashley's house and drove them crazy. It was a great time, especially because we have not all been together in years, plus the cousins had never been all together except briefly for my grandmother's funeral.

Ashley's family starts Thankgiving off with a Turkey Trot in Williamsburg, so my sister-in-laws and I ran the 5K while the men watched the children. My two nieces also ran the kids 1 mile race.

Before the race we ran into Peter's cousin, Catherine, who lives in Williamsburg.

Here are all the kids hanging out before the race:

Somewhere, way back there, we were ready to start the race.

I was happy with my time, running way better than I expected, and everyone had a great time.






Back home, there was lots of play/hang out time:

Fun with Grandpop:

Watching football:

Hanging:

Playing:

 (Don't scratch the Volvo!)




And the Thanksgiving feast:


The day after the kids worked off the big meal at a playground nearby right on the water. It was beautiful weather, the kids played happily and the adults hung out together.






Before we all departed, I attempted a group photos of the cousins and this was the best of the bunch:

No comments: