We changed Xavier's crib into a toddler bed a few weeks ago. Lifting him in and out of the crib was getting a bit much for my back every day. I was leery of letting go of the crib, since it meant that nothing would keep him in bed. I didn't realize how nice it was to put him down and know that he wasn't going anywhere. At the same time, I was excited for him to move on.He was very involved in taking the crib pieces apart. Peter let him have one of his tools, and Xavier was "fixing" the crib where ever he had seen Peter working.
Once completed, Xavier was really excited to be able to climb into his bed all by himself. All that we told him was, "If you fall out, get back in." (He has only fallen out twice early on.) I never said anything about having to stay in his bed until we get him, hoping that if the thought never got into his mind, the status quo would remain. And it has, thus far. He does not get out of the bed until we get him. If he's not tired when put down, he just lies in bed until he falls asleep. I know it won't last forever, but I am definitely enjoying it!
No comments:
Post a Comment